Saturday, March 14, 2009

Wedding PJ: Exciting and Unpredictable

Just got through our last wedding assignment of the season.

As a photojournalist, wedding pj has given me ample opportunity to sharpen my people skills. It's exciting and stressful at the same time. We get to meet so many folks from different parts of the world and experience their most intimate moments and conversations - it's exhilerating. And then to think we are there to document those precious moments, that is what gives me great joy. At the same time it can be a little intimidating as well.

And yes, it can get painful having to wait for the action to start. In this pic today, my partner sits it out at a starred hotel while we wait for the bride. This was one wedding where i did not shoot the bridal make-up part at the request of the mother. That was a bit of a let down at the season end. I love to capture the moments of transformation from 'girl' to 'bride'

Looking forward updating my wedding pj portfolio site and to the next assignment.

No comments: