Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Going to Panos South Asia Multimedia workshop


Well, well, well! It appears my decision to quit a secure newspaper job and dip into the world of multimedia journalism was not as “foolish” as some have been telling me it is!

Panos South Asia, an organisation renowned for work in stories concering development, has just selected my application to attend a workshop on “Multimedia Local Content Production for ICT4D” in Kathmandu, Nepal. The selection is based on my work for and with GoCreat in multimedia.

The workshop aims to facilitate content development, networking knowledge sharing capacity building of media and civil society organisations, to enable them to create local content for ICT4D (information communication and technology for development) in South Asia. It also aims to identify possible areas of synergy between media and CSOs on local content development for ICT4D in South Asia.

This is really great news for me personally as I will have an opportunity to learn, first-hand, multimedia production in this area of grassroots development. Moreover, this international exposure is just what the doctor ordered to help us (GoCreat) on with our field work.

The workshop begins September 22nd on to September 29th. I hope to blog daily from Kathmandu on what I learn from the workshop.

No comments: